Lately it feels as though this year is just zooming by, doesn't it? I feel like we just celebrated Christmas and the start of 2015 and now we're looking forward to Easter in just a week's time. I've also been thinking about another special day...Mother's Day. It's hard to believe it's just 6 weeks away! I try to stay organized and prepare a bit early every year as my mom lives in Canada and I always have to factor in extra shipping time for gifts being sent from Florida. I try to be as creative as possible and mail something meaningful in lieu of time spent together during an experience such as a treatment at a spa, enjoying lunch or an outdoor mother-daughter date as we once did before.
Now that I'm a mother myself, I have a better ideas as to what most want and need when it comes to a tangible present so I'm putting together a little list below in case you're also the type who likes to plan in advance (or at least pins things to revisit later once early May rolls around). This is not a DIY homemade gifts kind of post, it's the opposite, so if you're super busy like I am right now, you can order these easily. Everything here is ready-made but are still thoughtful and practical gifts she'll truly use and enjoy.
5 Thoughtful Mother's Day Gifts
1. Fresh Flowers- As someone who loves receiving a beautiful arrangement, it's something at the top of my list which I always include above and beyond any wrapped up gift that makes its way via snail mail. One online shop recommendation for beautiful bouquets is to buy flowers for Mothers Day from Fresh Flowers. Since I'm not able to be physically be present with her and show up at her doorstep with a bouquet in hand, it's a gesture she always enjoys (and tells me how it brightened her day) when I call her. If you live long distance from your mother, alongside another gift or delivered on its own, a bright & cheery bouquet will always make her smile.
2. Plated Gift Subscription-Whether your mom is retired and has a lot of free time on her hands, is very active and prefers quick + easy meals or is looking for healthier meals comprised of whole foods that take less than 30 minutes to make, the chef-inspired meals by Plated can be delivered straight to her home with all the ingredients already perfectly portioned. It's a great way to try new recipes without having to invest in a bunch of ingredients she may never use again such as spices and frees up extra time spent at the grocery store. Each recipe comes complete with step-by-step instructions and is sure to please.
3. At-Home Facial Brush- As much as we all enjoy spa treatments, it's so nice to have a tool that can be used whenever you want, wherever you want (perfect for travel!) in the comfort of your own bathroom. The Clarisonic Mia always leaves my skin feeling super soft and my pores ultra clean. It is actually proven to cleanses\ 6x better than with just cleanser and water alone, important for preventing aging and keeping skin healthy and youthful. My mom and I both love our Mias as we are pretty natural with our makeup when we wear it but they also offer versions for those such as a a makeup removal expert brush or a deep pore cleansing brush for those who need a bit of a deeper clean. Another cool handheld brush product for giving you an at-home experience is their pedi version. Their Pedisonic softens rough heels-perfect for sandal season!
4. Cute Pair of Flats- No matter what our age, every woman needs a pair of go-to flats that are not only comfy but equally stylish and pretty. Below are some of my favorites-perfect for spring! I have several pairs as a mother to an active toddler that I'm pretty much living in these days. Here are some of my favorites which are perfect for all ages.
5. New Handbag- I don't know any woman who doesn't love the feeling of a gorgeous new handbag on their arm. The last time I visited my mom I helped her pick out a new handbag as well as a cross-body bag since she does a lot of walking and running errands by foot locally. When choosing the perfect gift for your mother, choose something totally different from what she already owns. Instead of black, tan or white (which are common neutral bag choices) gift her with the boldness of a bright color or this season's must-have new neutral, blush, which I'm sharing below.
What gifts do you OR your mother most appreciate receiving for Mother's Day?
Thanks for reading!