Hi There and Happy 2014!! I hope you all had a fabulous New Year's Eve and are starting today off in a way that will help shape your year with the goals and dreams you have in mind or at least relaxing with a favorite hot beverage and favorite book or magazine in hand. :) Yesterday was special because like our first Christmas spent as a family of three, it was Lily's first NYE but our little party animal was asleep before the count of 5..4..3..2..1. If you visited our Facebook community today you saw a peek into our evening, you can see a few family pics here.
The beautiful thing about the new year is it offers a fresh start, a 'reset' button if you will. Whatever happened last year, the circumstances thrown your way or the decisions you would have made differently, we have another chance to "get it right". I'm a big believer that our thoughts shape our world and in the spirit of creating a more positive life for ourselves (and because I'm also a lover of lists), I thought I'd share this one that is sure to inspire.
The other day a friend linked to a great article that I couldn't help but share with you all. We all have areas where we could benefit from letting go, below are 20 things that when removed from our mind make for a much more enjoyable and happy life. This article was found on MindBodyGreen, a site I just discovered which I'm loving for all kinds of great advice, recipes and information. This particular list was written by Shannon Kaiser and you can find her original article link here.
Here are 20 things to let go of in order to reach unlimited happiness.
1. Let go of all thoughts that don't make you feel empowered and strong.
2. Let go of feeling guilty for doing what you truly want to do.
3. Let go of the fear of the unknown; take one small step and watch the path reveal itself.
4. Let go of regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever” was exactly what you wanted.
5. Let go of worrying; worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
6. Let go of blaming anyone for anything; be accountable for your own life. If you don’t like something, you have two choices, accept it or change it.
7. Let go of thinking you are damaged; you matter, and the world needs you just as you are.
8. Let go of thinking your dreams are not important; always follow your heart.
9. Let go of being the “go-to person” for everyone, all the time; stop blowing yourself off and take care of yourself first … because you matter.
10. Let go of thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better off than you. You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you.
11. Let go of thinking there's a right and wrong way to do things or to see the world. Enjoy the contrast and celebrate the diversity and richness of life.
12. Let go of cheating on your future with your past. It’s time to move on and tell a new story.
13. Let go of thinking you are not where you should be. You are right where you need to be to get to where you want to go, so start asking yourself where you want to go.
14. Let go of anger toward ex lovers and family. We all deserve happiness and love; just because it is over doesn’t mean the love was wrong.
15. Let go of the need to do more and be more; for today, you've done the best you can, and that's enough.
16. Let go of thinking you have to know how to make it happen; we learn the way on the way.
17. Let go of your money woes — make a plan to pay off debt and focus on your abundance.
18. Let go of trying to save or change people. Everyone has her own path, and the best thing you can do is work on yourself and stop focusing on others.
19. Let go of trying to fit in and be accepted by everyone. Your uniqueness is what makes you outstanding.
20. Let go of self-hate. You are not the shape of your body or the number on the scale. Who you are matters, and the world needs you as you are. Celebrate you!
I don't know about you, but I found several areas that I could let go of and do without-13, 15 and 16 spoke to me in particular. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below if any of these spoke to you.
Thanks for Reading!