Thursday, March 14, 2013

16 Weeks and Counting....




I promised you all that I would share some baby updates and photos as we take them and since hubby snapped some 16-week pics yesterday, I thought I'd post them here for you all to see and also fill you in on new and exciting things that have been happening in our little world. Don't worry, I promise this won't become a pregnancy blog. ;) Regular scheduled classy woman posts to follow! Since many of you asked to be kept in the loop and it's a part of my life and I sometimes share about my personal life, my hubby and our life adventures I thought it was appropriate.

I just booked my 20-week ultrasound appointment and we're really excited to find out if baby Davis will be a little girl or boy! If baby cooperates and isn't crossing its legs so we can learn the sex (I was told to drink orange juice or sweet tea beforehand and apparently that will do the trick), I'll be planning a gender reveal party next month with our closest family and friends to share the news. I'll be sure to share some photos with all of you along with whether we'll be buying pink or blue after our big bash.

Compared to the 12-Week photo that I included in the announcement post last week, you can see that my bump has gotten quite a bit bigger in the past month which caught me by surprise to be honest. I think part of this is due to the fact that my 5'9" height is all in my legs and my torso is quite short. What's funny is that the day we take progress photos for some reason my belly always looks bigger than it typically is, the very next day it always seems to shrink a bit. ;)







{Outfit Details} Top: Ross (chambray sleeved version here)  //  Bottoms: Target  
Wedges: Tory Burch  // Earrings: Jewel Mint sold out similar style here)
Bracelets: Forever 21 (wearing mint & coral of the 7-pc set w/ some thin gold bangles) 

*All outfit items above are non-maternity.





I wanted to share some fun facts, and I'll likely continue something similar in future monthly updates. I don't know about you, but as a woman (even well before I became pregnant) I always enjoyed seeing other bloggers and friends' prego pics as well as hearing their personal journey, cravings and funny stories. Everyone's experiences are so unique.


{Fun Facts}

What I craved the most this month:  Hamburgers. I don't normally eat them but they're all I can think about. ;)

Biggest food aversions this month: The smell of curry and Indian spices (which I normally enjoy) make me feel queasy. The first couple months it was the smell of BBQ'd meats.

The craziest/funniest/scariest moment this month: I slipped while walking to my car in the driveway of my Dentist after a routine cleaning (while wearing flats), I caught myself and thankfully didn't fall but it scared me and I've since stopped wearing those shoes until I have rubber soles added to the bottoms.

The most exciting development this month: I felt baby move for the first time at 15.5 weeks! I hear that is early and most don't feel it until later but It felt like somersaults and as though baby was wearing boxing gloves and hitting my belly.

Weight gain from 12-16 weeks: 4 lbs, I've gained 5 lbs total to date.

Regular Wardrobe or Maternity Clothes?: I'm still wearing all of my own clothes. I've added several new maxi dresses to my closet for the coming months but all are regular sizes in my own size or a size up that will fit me for many months if not the entire pregnancy and post-delivery also. Most of my pants fit however I purchased a button extender so I can keep wearing them longer.




I'd love to hear from you! What do you remember from your own pregnancy at 4 months? Maybe some of my 'fun facts' questions & answers will spark your memory. :) Did you wait until the birth to find out your baby's gender or were you excited to find out ahead of time?

Thanks for Reading!

XO

20 comments:

  1. Karla ... I have been away from blogging and have not been by for a visit recently. WOW what a fabulous surprise you are sharing! Congratulations and many wonderful blessings to you and your family. You are glowing ... xo C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Celia and it's great to see you here again. :) I hope life is treating you well!

      Delete
  2. Dear Karla I am so excited for you both!! You look so fabulous and glowing! The nice thing is that with tunics so popular and yes Maxi Dresses (Soma has some darling ones) you may not need many maternity clothes.
    When you have time do come and see the message I have left mt friends...

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karena for your sweet words. :) You are so right, with the wardrobe I've built, I'm realizing I can re-purpose a lot of what I own (tunics, empire waist dresses and maxi dresses/skirts while I'm prego. I've heard of Soma, I'll be sure to check it out! I'll be sure to pop by and read your message. XO

      Delete
  3. You look beautiful and I am so happy for you. This is a magical time of your life. Savor and enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much Leigh! It certainly is a magical time and we're doing our best to savor as much as we can while still dealing with regular day-to-day stuff. :)

      Delete
  4. You look stunning! Pregnancy suits you very nice! At 4 months with my first (Ella), my belly probably looked similar to yours. I don't remember much about the 16th week except that the doctor thought it looked like a boy...obviously he was wrong when I had my official 20 week ultrasound. Ha! I do have a funny story from around 12 weeks. It was fall and we had decided to take a little trip up to Asheville, NC and drive through the mountains. Well, when you drive through the mountains you are constantly going in circles...and let's just say it wasn't the pleasant scenic drive for someone still having morning sickness (I only had it for about 6 weeks). When we finally got to Asheville, all the restaurants had over an hour wait. I started bawling crying (hormones!)! I remember saying something like "if I don't get something to eat in the next 10 minutes, I'm just going to die!" ...so we got a pizza and we went back to the hotel and I went to sleep. It wasn't exactly the little fun weekend getaway I think we had in mind.
    I definitely got a burst of energy and felt good at around the point you are at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Sarah! :) That is certainly a funny story, it's amazing how hormones can take over and when you and baby are hungry, food is 1st priority! I too had some morning sickness (pretty light for about 6 weeks also between weeks 6-12 and then a few sporadic moments afterwards) and have had one funny crying moment around 6 weeks that I totally know were hormones. This is definitely a time where it's nice not to focus on eating saltines and just enjoy life. I hope I feel the way I do right now for several months. :) Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  5. Oh, you look so adorable, and happy. Definitley a "bump" up from last pictures. I would say you are on the verge of being noticeably pregnant, soon no one will be wondering if they should say anyhting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, Wendy, just on the verge of being obvious. ;) Thank you for your kind words, it's definitely a happy time.

      Delete
  6. Congrats, Karla!!! What awesome news!! You look amazing: healthy and happy! At 4 months with each of my 3 is when the morning sickness slowed down! I didn't find out until delivery what each sex of the child was...1st girl 2nd boy 3rd girl! Thanks for posting these adorable pics :) hugs, cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so much Cathy!! It's so great to hear from you and I hope you are enjoying the beginning of Spring. I love a good surprise and thought about finding out when the baby is born but I'm a bit too Type A to wait. ;) I've been pulling fabric swatches and trying to put together a design scheme for the nursery, this will make everything a bit easier once I know what direction to go in. Great order for the kids, I always dreamed about having 2 girls and a boy in the order yours were born in. Thanks for sharing! Yes, morning sickness faded around 12-13 weeks so I'm feeling good now. XO

      Delete
  7. What??? I do ultrasound all day long, every day, and I never heard of the orange juice/ice tea trick. I think only gaining 5 pounds so far is a much better "trick" to help the ultrasound tech see better. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, neat! How fun, you get to look at little ones all day. :) I hadn't heard of it either but two friends mentioned that they were each told to drink a glass of orange juice or sweet tea about 30 mins beforehand and apparently the sugar and caffeine (in the case of the tea) will help get baby moving and worked for them. I don't drink coffee and limit any tea consumption right now-just playing it safe so this will be a special time to do it. Aw thanks Paula, I'm trying my best to stay in shape as I just know it will make for a much more enjoyable pregnancy and will be far easier to get back into shape after the birth.

      Delete
  8. You look gorgeous Karla; positively blooming x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing! With my first I didn't show until almost my 7th month. This time around, however, I "popped" at about 14 weeks and there's no denying that I'm expecting.

    I'm also envious that you've got a scheduled date for your ultrasound. My midwives have yet to schedule mine and I'm getting a little anxious to find out if Bean is a boy or a girl (not that I particularly care one way or the other, I just don't do well with surprises).

    I love reading your blog and look forward to watching you progress through this life-changing event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Annicka. :) Thank you for your kind words. If I wear certain clothing it's hard to tell at this point and probably will be for the next month or so but wow, 7 months, that is awesome! I hear second time moms show much sooner than the first time around.

      As much as I love fun surprises in life, at my core I'm a planner and like to be prepared. We wish for a healthy baby but do have our heart set on one particular sex. While I won't be devastated if it's the opposite of what we're hoping for, I know I'd do better knowing in advance. ;)

      I'm so glad that you are enjoying the blog and the progress updates. Thanks for commenting. XO

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments make my day! I read every single one and will answer any questions you have. I hope you'll visit again soon! :)

Warmly,
Karla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...