Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!



I hope you all started your morning with a little bit of red, pink, hearts or something sweet. :) For anyone who enjoys a little DIY, above are some fun and inexpensive ways to show your love.

Why not plant a pot of pink petunias and attach a message for the recipient to plant in their own garden to watch your friendship bloom. :) Sliced strawberries on skewers with the hulls pulled out make cute hearts for adults and kids alike. Feeling crafty? How about making some heart-shaped lavender bath melts for someone special in your life? Here's the recipe via the blog 'Be Beautiful'.

As we celebrate this day of love, I wanted to wish you all a lovely Valentine's Day! May each of you ALWAYS know just how much you are truly loved!




Do you have anything special planned today with your family or loved one? I'd love to hear about it! :)

XO

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful ideas! Hope you have an absolutely sweet Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I did! I'm glad you liked the ideas. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely Karla. My husband and I are not great fans of Valentines; we like to think every day we are together is a gift. Have a lovely day Sweets xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Vanessa. Paul and I are pretty low-key about it ourselves. This year he brought me some fresh tulips and went out to get my favorite take-out after I had a long day of work since we couldn't go out for a proper meal so late. I created a book of 5 fun dates we're looking forward to going on. I agree, every day together is a gift and it's a lot more fun to have little surprises throughout the year vs. one particular day-it's more special. :)

      Delete
  3. This morning I put all the cards and candy I'd collected from family members for my children beside their places at the table. They were delighted to read each little Valentine and try the candies. My husband was off work today for the first time on a Valentine's Day since we've been married; it was a restful, joyous day as a family!

    ~Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how lovely Tabitha! I'm so glad that you got to enjoy the day with your hubby and family. It sounds like you had a special time together. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments make my day! I read every single one and will answer any questions you have. I hope you'll visit again soon! :)

Warmly,
Karla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...