Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Weekend of Paradise....



Happy Weekend! If you follow our Facebook page, you probably saw me post the image above earlier this morning (and if you haven't joined our daily conversations there, I hope you will!) You see, I've been doing a little bit of daydreaming. While our nearest Florida beach is about an hour away from us, it's been a little too hot this week to sit outside let alone spend the day in the blazing sun, we're already into 90-degree weather! While many of you would rejoice over such warm weather during the springtime, this Canadian-born girl is happiest in 70-80 degrees with zero humidity. :)

While I enjoy being with friends and family, I do love my time of solitude. I was raised as a water baby from 6 months of age on my parents' lakefront property so I revel in beach time.

This represents my favorite way to spend a weekend....curled up with a good book by the beach, 75 degrees and the sun shining down on me while listening to the waves crash and watching children play in the sand over my shoulder. Let's not forget a table of decadent sweet treats, homemade lemonade, a bench filled with cozy pillows and a beautifully scented blooms. Oh and a whole lot of girly, cheery pops of color-a feast for the eyes!

So, what does your weekend of Paradise look like?




*image {via}

6 comments:

  1. Awe - that is beautiful. Love your blog. I love in Florida also - and also about an hour from the beach - small world. Have a blessed weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karla sounds wonderful to me!! also looks like a serene comfy setting, I can hear the waves crashing!

    I have featured an Interview with Tina from The Enchanted Home...

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sheri- Thank you for saying so, I'm glad you are enjoying it! :) What a small world, I've had a few people e-mail me and let me know they live in the general area within central Florida which is neat. Have a lovely weekend!

    @Karena-Thanks for stopping by and I'll be sure to check out the interview! :)

    Warmly,
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog, check mine and we can follow each other if you like :)

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paradise would be friends coming over to spend time on our back deck and my little dog Turbo begging for a burger from the grill. I like this pink polka dot tablecloth, such a romantic, girly girl table setting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds wonderful Kathleen! I just love the table cloth too. :)

    Ioana-Carmen-Thank you, I popped your blog, yes let's follow one another. :)

    ~K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments make my day! I read every single one and will answer any questions you have. I hope you'll visit again soon! :) I look forward to reading your positive, inspiring and interesting thoughts! *Please note I remove all spam which includes shameless self-promoted posts with blog/website links. This comment space is for quality dialogue, not advertising.

Warmly,
Karla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...