Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Be an Original


Aren't some of the most intriguing people you know the ones who do things just a little bit different? Fear of what others might think or how they may judge us often keeps us from living in the fullness of who we were truly created to be. It's the little quirks, habits, passions and skills that make you uniquely you. So why not embrace them all and forget about other people's opinions?


"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day,
to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle
which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting."

~ E.E. Cummings

When I think of my favorite blogs and the bloggers who write them, it's their originality, creativity and how they are unlike any other that keeps me going back for more. It's our authenticity that attracts others to us.




*image

6 comments:

  1. What a great post and quotes Karla! Just this morning while on my way to work my friend and I were talking about this very subject. I have known her for 27 years and over the past five I have watched her become her own person and let her unique personality finally shine. The photo you posted made me chuckle because hats have become her thing and I love checking her FB page to see what new hat she is sporting. She loves her newfound freedom and is now thriving like I have never seen from her before.

    I know it takes courage to be yourself and not what others think you should be but the results of being yourself are rewarding in so many ways.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post :) e. e. cummings is my favorite poet and I relate to your post all too well. I feel like many of my friends try to dress the same, act the same, and talk the same. It's almost like they want to disappear into the crowd instead of stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karla ~ AMEN Sista!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. first time here. . coming from Pinterest :)

    i was just reading a post by Emily over at Chatting at the Sky that said:

    I am going to stop caring what people think and just start caring for people

    Thought that fit in with this post here that you wrote. Your post made me smile. Looking forward to reading others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ms.Bake It-That is so awesome to hear! What a wonderful friend you are, celebrating her and cheering her on! :) It definitely takes courage, but is so rewarding!

    @Pema-Well said! I feel many women do that, it's always so refreshing to meet women who are proud to be who they are.

    @Su- Thank you for leaving a commenting and stopping by! :) I love that quote by Emily! So powerful, and it reminds us to think about what we spend our time focused on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments make my day! I read every single one and will answer any questions you have. I hope you'll visit again soon! :)

Warmly,
Karla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...