Thursday, March 31, 2011

Learn to Dance in the Rain


It's been raining for the past three days here in FL and the radio now tells me that there is a Tornado warning in effect. Isn't life like the weather sometimes? You're going along minding your own business and then out of the blue the unpredictable storms of life begin to roll in!

We can choose to let those storms dictate how our days will play out or we can embrace them. Like the grass, we too need a little of both sunshine and rain in our life to stay balanced and although it's a bit of a disruption to our plans some days, it's usually exactly what we need to grow into all that we are to become.

Sometimes this process can be painful as we fear becoming uprooted, losing ourselves in the process or having to start all over again but every storm builds strength, character, love and a compassion for others that we may never have known otherwise.

What's the weather like where you are?

 

10 comments:

  1. The sun is finally trying to peek out after several days of clouds and rain. Those warm days of almost 80 degree weather last week seem to be a figment of my imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm living in FL, too. I have received many thunderstorm and tornado warning alerts since yesterday. I hope the weather will not cause much damage. Watching the rain outside the window, I'm feeling peace inside my heart. I want to kiss the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't mind the cold or even rain if I can stay indoors. There is something cozy about it. But when I have a lot of running to do then it can get old pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Beverly-I'm glad you're finally getting some sunshine!

    @Nhan-So far not too much damage other than my neighbor's tree branches on my yard. I feel at peace also.

    @Karen-I'm with you on that, I've always found damp, cold, rainy weather to be somewhat cozy :) I'm thankful that I don't have to be anywhere. I grew up in a home with a fireplace and this weather reminds me cozy evenings by the fire or curled up with a book under a blanket in a comfy chair, especially during weather like this.

    I actually had lunch plans today to take my girlfriend out for her birthday but she called to re-schedule since the power was out in the area we were to meet, next week promises to be warm and sunny so I think we'll enjoy it more when we can sit outdoors again!

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting to see the sun peak out in the weather of life!! Your post today was the inspiration I needed to read.. thak you..xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for this post! It really cheered me up after a frustrating day at work. I had worked on a file for over four hours today and I saved it but it ended up disappearing off of our server so all of my hard work was lost. I was so upset when I got home but after reading your post, I feel much better, so thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blog! :)
    visit mine if u want to!
    http://www.shokingpink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post as always Karla. One of me favorite quotes is "you can't have the rainbow without the rain!" So, I embrace the rain (most days) and just hang on in there, waiting for a glimpse of the rainbow; and it usually shows without fail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments make my day! I read every single one and will answer any questions you have. I hope you'll visit again soon! :) I look forward to reading your positive, inspiring and interesting thoughts! *Please note I remove all spam which includes shameless self-promoted posts with blog/website links. This comment space is for quality dialogue, not advertising.

Warmly,
Karla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...