Sunday, June 13, 2010

Reminder and a Thank You


Ladies, it is a hot one here today-we are well into the hundreds and I've spent more time indoors than outdoors, that is for sure. Where ever you are,  I hope you are having fun, staying cool and hydrated!  This above photo from a Barbados resort describes where I'd love to be right now-in a refreshing pool with a view of the ocean and a virgin Pina Colada in hand please!

I wanted to remind you all to enter our Pear Tree Giveaway which ends tomorrow night and will have 5 winners! We've only got a few entries so far (and a couple were some sweet 'hello' messages from ineligble countries, which unfortunately do not count), your odds of winning are VERY good! :) If you've entered but not taken advantage of the extra entries like tweeting about the giveaway, you can still do that too-only comments on that post page will count though.



On a separate note, I have a Thank You which is now much overdue to Cathy M. over at Check It Off. On her May.21st post she was kind enough to bestow not one, but two awards upon my little blog. You can check them out HERE. Thanks Cathy-so very sweet and thoughtful of you! Those are my first blog awards, I feel so special. I hope you'll go visit Cathy, she covers a variety of topics on her blog and has cute to-do lists known as anti-procrastination lists that are sure to inspire you to get more done, or just check in to see what she's working on. I loved her office makeover too.

I'ts a pretty low-key weekend around here. We've just been puttering around the house, working a little bit and we're getting ready to visit with a friend this afternoon. What special things have you been doing this weekend? I'd love to hear. them!

8 comments:

  1. I had a crazy Saturday and today I decided to stay on the couch and relax as much as possible. Now I am fed up of relaxing! I tried read a book but could not focus. I did some house cleaning and I posted something on my blog re:the style of Claudia Cardinale.Hope you like it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so gorgeous and tan!!!Congrats too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie-too funny, sounds like me. Sometimes when I try to purposely relax I wind up doing all the little things tha still need to be done. Ah, a woman's work is never done. ;) I'll come over and check out your post.

    BlushingLoves-Thanks for the congrats. I can't take the credit though on the photo-that gorgeous, tanned lady is my friend Cathy M. of the blog CheckItOff who gave me the awards. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ~Karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please enter my name in the giveaway! I love your blog. You always have great tips and ideas. I added you to my blog roll last week after finding you! Keep up the good work. I may not leave a comment all the time, but I do read every new post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem Kathie, I'll enter you for 2 then-one for the comment/follow and one for adding me to your blog roll. :)

    You're so kind, you just made my day! Thanks for reading!

    ~Karla

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the 100's! Karla , that's too hot for this girl! You deserve your blog awards!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the 100's! I thought it was hot here. You definitely need to get that drink and hop into a pool, stat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi...thanks for your visit to my blog and I enjoyed mine here..very positive :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments make my day! I read every single one and will answer any questions you have. I hope you'll visit again soon! :) I look forward to reading your positive, inspiring and interesting thoughts! *Please note I remove all spam which includes shameless self-promoted posts with blog/website links. This comment space is for quality dialogue, not advertising.

Warmly,
Karla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...